Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Craning for a Crane

So this month I decided that I wanted to make as many paper cranes as I can 
(hopefully 100+)
That I can then hang from my ceiling in my dorm room. 


I simply thought this would be an interesting way to decorate my room
(which is actually very time consuming and difficult)
but on my journey I found a little more. 


I was able to remember a book I was told in high school, many of you probably
remember being read it in like elementary school. 
Its call Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes.
Thus, now I have a big motivation to make at least 100 and get them put up.


I also found out a little Japanese folklore with paper cranes. 
Making 100,000 paper cranes for someone's wedding is wishing them 
100,000 years of prosperity and happiness.
Also, if you make 100,000 paper cranes you are supposed to be 
granted any one wish of your choosing (Sadako).
Its all very interesting. 


So wish me good luck as I take on this task of making so many cranes.
And if you would like come over and make one yourself!!


No comments:

Post a Comment